Information on Processing and Protection of Personal Data
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)—hereinafter GDPR— Czech University of Life Sciences (CZU Prague) hereby informs data subjects on the conditions under which their personal data area processed.
Personal Data Controller
The Personal Data Controller is CZU Prague, Kamýcká 129, 165 00 Praha – Suchdol, ID: 60460709, VAT ID: CZ60460709
Principles for Personal Data Processing
CZU Prague considers personal data protection a key issue and devotes much attention to it. Your personal data are processed only within the scope necessary for operations, or in relation with Company services you use. We protect personal data to the maximum extent possible and in accordance with the applicable legal regulations. The Directive applies the rules and principles following from GDPR as follows:
- Lawfulness: we are required to always process your personal data in accordance with legal regulations and based upon at least one legal title.
- Fairness and transparency: we are required to process your personal data openly and transparently, and provide you with information on the processing method and on who will have access to your personal data. This includes our obligation to inform you of any instance of severe security breach or personal data leakage.
- Purpose limitations: we are allowed to collect your personal data only for a clearly defined purpose.
- Data minimisation: we are required to process only personal data that are adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accuracy: we are required to take every reasonable step to ensure regular updates or correction of your personal data.
- Storage limitations: we are required to store your personal data no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. Therefore, when the period necessary for the purpose for which the personal data are processed terminates, we are going to delete or anonymize your personal data so that they may not be traced back to you.
- Integrity and confidentiality, non-repudiation, and availability: we are required to secure your personal data and protect them from unauthorised or illegal processing, loss, or damage. For this reason, we have taken many technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. Simultaneously, we ensure that only authorized employees may access your personal data.
- Accountability: we are required to be able to demonstrate our compliance with all the conditions indicated above.
Purposes for which we process personal data
To fulfill our mission, the company processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Registration to Open Access
- Information Provision and Promotion
- Website of METROFOOD-CZ
- Marketing and promotion of METROFOOD RI and METROFOOD-CZ
Categories of personal data processed
CZU Prague processes personal data provided directly by individual natural persons—whether based upon their consent or other legal reasons—as well as other personal data created as part of processing activities and those necessary for its operation. Chief among them are:
- Address and identification data (name, surname, title, postal and email addresses, telephone number, etc.),
- Job-related data (employer, unit, job descriptions and positions).
Legal reasons for personal data processing
Personal data processing that takes place as part of the activities indicated above is carried out based upon the following legal reasons:
- Contract performance:
Here we need your personal data to be able to conclude a contractual relationship and for the purposes of the subsequent contractual performance; the data may be necessary to provide before the conclusion of the contract.
- Data Subject Consent:
this is your consent to process your personal data for a single purpose or several purposes. Article 7 (3) of Act No. 480/2004 Coll., On Information Society Services, provides this procedure to the buyer at the e-mail address or telephone number, provided the buyer does not refuse it. These communications can be unsubscribed at any time – for example, by sending an e-mail or clicking a link in a commercial message – to unsubscribe.
Personal data transfer
Personal data for this controller is also processed by processors:
- Web forms are hosted by Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Data are stored only for the period of time necessary with respect to the processing activity in question; in accordance with an applicable shredding plan they are subsequently liquidated or archived. Personal data processed with your consent are stored only as long as the purpose for which your consent was given lasts.
Exercise of Data Subjects’ rights
Data Subjects shall be entitled to exercise their rights under GDPR as of 26 May 2018. Data subjects must exercise their rights vis-a-vis the Personal Data Controller by sending a request to an email to the email@example.com
- measuring website traffic and generating statistics about traffic and website visitor behavior
- basic website functionality
The collection of cookies for the purposes mentioned above may be considered as processing of personal data. Such processing is possible on the basis of a legitimate reason – the legitimate interest of the controller, and is allowed by Article 6 (1) (a). f) Regulation. You can also use a site in a mode that doesn’t allow the collection of visitor behavior – you can set this in your browser settings
Cookies necessary for the functioning of the website will be kept only for the time necessary for the functioning of the website. If the visitor objects to the processing of technical cookies necessary for the functioning of the website, the full functionality and compatibility of the website cannot be guaranteed. Cookies that are collected to measure site traffic and generate statistics about visitor traffic and behavior on the site are considered in bulk and anonymous form that does not allow the individual to be identified. The collected cookies are processed by other processors:
- Provider of Google Analytics, operated byGoogle Ireland Limited ID: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Please note that under the Regulation you have the right:
- cancel the sending of commercial communications at any time,
- object to processing based on the legitimate interest of the controller,
- require information from us about your personal data
- request access to this data from us and have it updated or corrected, or require processing restrictions,
- request that we delete this personal information from us, we will delete it unless it is in conflict with applicable law or the legitimate interests of the controller,
- data portability in the case of automated processing by consent or for performance of the contract,
- request a copy of the processed personal data,
- effective judicial protection if you believe that your rights under the Regulation have been violated as a result of the processing of your personal data in violation of this Regulation,
- file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection.
The right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority
Data subjects shall be entitled to lodge a complaint concerning personal data processing to the competent supervisory authority, specifically The Office for Personal Data Protection. Contact:
The Office for Personal Data Protection
address: Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7
tel.: 234 665 111